ALBERTA YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIPS

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello All Midget, Mini Midget and Pee Wee Racers

There is a exciting event coming up in 2 weeks time, January 24, and 25th. The ALBERTA YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIPS. It is exciting because it is all about you! That’s right an event just for Midgets, mini midgets and Pee Wee. So here is the deal, it is a two day event (super exiting as this rarely happens for these age groups!), with a combination of races happening both days.

Day one, saturday, begins with an individual classic race, then in the afternoon a relay with teams of 4 kids, mixed boys and girls and mixed ages. Then on sunday we race again, but this time it is a sprint event, with an individual qualifier in the morning, then the heats start in the afternoon.
    It is possible to race only one day. But I would prefer you to try doing both days if at all possible. If you really have to choose one day pick the Saturday.

There is a club award at the end of the weekend, so let’s show Alberta how much we love X-C skiing, and come on out to participate. If we get a strong showing the Canmore Nordic Ski Club will do very well because we have so many great skiers at this age. Plus there will be great prizes for all the kids. Beginning with a great TA hat, from CCC.

It is a first as far as i can remember to dedicate an entire 2 day event to the midgets, mini midgets and pee wee’s. So please lets support it with a strong showing.

We will especially need as many midget racers as possible, because we have so many mini midgets. In order for the relay teams to be official it requires two midgets paired with two mini midgets, plus two girls and two boys. So I hope lots of midgets rise to the challenge. Then the Canmore Nordic Ski Club can put in a few official teams.

I have attached the official info for the event at the end of this message. So check it out, and start to get excited. In order for this event to continue in years to come, we really need to show our support.

I would like to see as many of the new racers out for this event as possible. It will be a great starting point.

Please email Monika Helbig if you can come, ASAP, so I can make the teams.

LET THE FUN BEGIN !

KATHY

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.