August 26 – 28th: Adventure Week

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Alain Parent
    Keymaster

ADVENTURE WEEK IS HERE!! 😛 😛 😛

I hope you’re all excited about biking, hiking and riding rapids with new and old team mates this week? It’s going to be a great week with lots of fun but also lots of activity so we need to make sure we dress appropriately, eat and sleep well and remain hydrated so we can pack as much energy into the workouts as possible :mrgreen: . All the details on what to bring were emailed to you in the trip document but here is the overview to help with timing and logistics.

Wednesday, August 26th – Road Bike Minnewanka Loop from Canmore
    Distance – 50km

10:00AM- Meet at Travel Alberta With pack lunch
    12:00 PM Lunch at Cascade Ponds
    1:30PM- Pick up from Travel Alberta
    *Do not worry if you don’t have a road bike, just make sure that your bike is in good working order, you’ve pumped the tires up and you have a spare tube with you!

Thursday, August 27th – Whitewater Rafting with Canadian Rockies Rafting
    10:00AM- Meet at Travel Alberta for pick up from Rafting Company
    2:00PM- Pick from Travel Alberta
    *Make sure you bring the signed waiver form with you. No waiver no rafting. 😐

Friday, August 28th – Hike Mt Allan Centennial Trail out and back from North End
    Distance Estimate– 12km w/ 900m elevation gain

9:45AM for a 10:00AM start!– Meet at Parking Area for Pigeon Mountain- exit at Deadman’s Flats, drive up toward Banff Gate Mountain Resort for 1.2km. Parking area will be on the right opposite the Banff Gate Mountain Resort sign.
    1:00PM- Lunch in the alpine
    4:00PM- Pick up from same Parking Area
    *Please arrange for your child to be dropped off and picked up, coordinate with parents of other athletes so you can share the job. You are welcome to join us on the hike if you like!!

Any questions please give me a call: 403 707 6902

I’ve always found that anything worth achieving will always have obstacles in the way and you’ve got to have that drive and determination to overcome those obstacles on route to whatever it is that you want to accomplish.
    Chuck Norris
    Actor, Martial Artist

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘U14 (Team Values: Supportive, Inclusive, & Fun): Mark & Caitlin’ is closed to new topics and replies.