December 7 – 13th**Updated

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Alain Parent
    Keymaster

WOW……what an incredible weekend of racing ❗ ❗ Our first weekend races as the new T2T team and I could not be prouder of how you all conducted yourselves and of course, how you raced. 😛 😛 I was super pleased to hear that many of you took the time to do some race planning by drawing the course and making notes and I think it really showed during your races. :mrgreen:

Voting for the CNSC Club Athlete of the Month – November has opened. You have until 10th to cast your vote for NOVEMBER. Think back to all great workouts and the LL Camp for inspiration. To vote access the information on the Forum home page for Train to Train.

Monday 7th: 5 – 6:30pm @ CNC
    This will be a recovery and education session. We will roll then wax (not roll in wax 😆 ) Please bring your roller if you have one and your race skis from the weekend. We will work on cleaning, waxing, scraping and brushing, all very important skills!
    Please take it easy tomorrow during the day!

Wednesday 9th: 5 – 6:30pm
    We are again incredibly lucky to have Paralympians Mark Arendz and Brittany Hudac running our workout! The session will be a classic ski and will involve skills and technique training. Wax recommendation: No need to pre-wax your skis. It may be tricky with the wet new snow and so much moisture from yesterday. Please arrive early at practice so we can advise you if it will be klister or kick wax. I’ll test a few first. Bring a klister and kick wax in your range that is for new wet snow – some univeral/multigrade, violet – red klister/kick range.

Saturday 12th: 10am – 12noon
    We will ski with the LCs at Shark Mountain for a Classic ski. First we will check out the fun and challenging race loops then head out to Watridge Lake. Make sure you scrape off and clean your based from Wednesday night. Apply a binder of green if you have it, let it cool, then apply and cork a few (4) layers of Swix Blue Extra. Make sure you have a cork and a few waxes in your drink belt so we can reapply if necessary. Parents welcome.

Attached is the Alberta Development Team criteria for 2016 – 2017.

You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.
    Maya Angelou

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘U14 (Team Values: Supportive, Inclusive, & Fun): Mark & Caitlin’ is closed to new topics and replies.