February 12th – 19th *Updated with AB Cup7 info*

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Matt DeCarufel
    Keymaster

Hello,

Welcome to the big racing chunk of 2018! The next 3 weeks are jam packed with events, so if you are racing lots, it will be very important to take some days off to keep yourself healthy. On the other hand, if you are not racing in lots of the events, get on out the door and enjoy these great skiing conditions. The best way to become a better skier is by getting out there and skiing. As well, get your Olympic spirit on! Lots of great racing and it is all available on olympics.cbc.ca

Thank you to those of you who have been notifying me when your child is not attending training. It is greatly appreciated. If you know that you cannot make it to training, please let me know by noon the day before. This gives us a chance to adjust coaching if needed.

AWG athletes- do not forget our info meeting Monday night at 6:30 right after training. Bring a dry top and a snack. The games are taxing, so to give you the best chance of staying healthy and racing well, be sure you take 2 full rest days to come into the games well rested and ready to rumble (Thursday + one other day). That means if you are a biathlete, you will need to skip 1 team session (XC or BIA) to give yourself 2 rest days.

AB Cup #7 Update
    Skate sprint race at the Canmore Nordic Centre on Sunday, Feb 25. Midgets will race a 35oM sprint course.
    Race information here: https://foothillsnordic.ca/races/alberta-cup-7/
    Registration on Zone4. Deadline is Feb 21. https://zone4.ca/register.asp?id=17366&lan=1&cartlevel=1

Monday 12th 5:00-6:30 @ CNC
    Classic skiing working in soft snow conditions. Keep up the good work following the waxing guide and all that great information you learned in our wax clinics. It should be a beautiful Rodi Multigrade Violet day. As well, don’t forget your drink belt. There were many athletes missing drink belts on Saturday and you are not giving yourself you’re the best training by becoming so dehydrated not drinking and working out.

Wednesday 14th 5:00-6:30 @ CNC
    Skate ski tour wrapping up with balance and agility challenges. Meet at the teamroom.

Saturday 17th
    No team training as all coaches are at AWG or BC Champs. If you are in town, call a teammate and get out for a ski.

Monday 19th
    No team training as coaches are still at AWG or just returned from BC Champs. If you are in town and did not race, call a teammate and get out for a ski together.

Failure I can live with. Not trying is what I cannot handle. –Sanya Richards-Ross, Gold medal track and field athlete

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘U14 (Team Values: Supportive, Inclusive, & Fun): Mark & Caitlin’ is closed to new topics and replies.