Goat Creek Ski sunday Dec 30th

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

MEET AT THE GOAT CREEK PARKING LOT 9:30
    plan to leave the parking lot by 10:00 (hopefully a little earlier), depending on waxing etc.

It will take somewhere between 2.5 and 3 hours. We will wait for kids to catch up at all the bridges so we shouldn’t get too spread out.

Please bring plenty of water, lots of snacks, and a sandwich type thing for lunch.

Also make sure the kids have enough warm clothes, something for their faces etc. with them, so they can shed and add layers as they need to.

Parents if you could throw an extra pair of mitts, a hat, anything else extra just so we have a good supply of additional layers if needed. Also some wax may be necessary along the trail. I will have some, but a few others shoudl also!

10:00 – 12:30 or 1:00 ski the trail (note that we will take the left or north, fork of the trail, and end at the upper trail head parking lot. )

1:30 head to the Sally Borden for swimming. The kids will likely need more food before swimming. I have a couple of ideas, so please check your emails Saturday evening incase we have arranged a quick stop for pizza or food!!

Swim for a couple of hours, then return home to Canmore or Banff.

We can further discuss rides Saturday at the race, and before we begin on sunday. There are already a few extra spots available to return kids to Canmore so let me know if this could help someone out.

Thanks,
    Kathy

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.