January 25-31

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Matt DeCarufel
    Keymaster

Hello TTs,

Great work the past 2 weekends in some fun little time trials developing your racing skills. There is a possibility for some racing coming up at the end of February and March! See image below with the possible race weekends. I will be looking into some hotel bookings with kitchenettes and a good cancellation policy for Fort McMurray and Red Deer and sharing info later this week or next. As with everything these days, it is all subject to change, so stay tuned and flexible.

There were a number of cold athletes at training on Saturday. Some cold weather reminders:
    -Wear a Toque (not a headband)
    -Wear a buff and can pull it up over your ears to keep them from being exposed
    -Wear Mits instead of gloves
    -Wear multiple layers to keep warm

You can always check the weather at the nordic centre with Trailsports Weather Station:
    https://weather.trailsports.com/

The Lake Louise to Banff Relay has gone virtual this year (email distributed last week from the club). With the current restrictions still in place, I will not be organizing teams for this event as it is a long drive, will be very challenging to keep gatherings less than 10, and is quite challenging without carpooling given the point to point event. But, if you are keen to join friends/family and participate on your own safely, go for it. It is a wonderful event.
    https://www.loppet.ca/

If you will not be attending the Saturday session, please email Matt sooner than later so I can adjust the PODS.

Training this week:
    Monday(25) Classic Ski @ CNC
    POD 6: 5:00-6:15 Meet Evan at the fire hydrant
    POD 7: 5:00-6:15 Meet Matt at the teamroom
    POD 8: 6:15-7:30 Meet Evan at the fire hydrant
    POD 9: 6:15-7:30 Meet Matt at the teamroom
    Be sure to have your headlamp- we will get out on some different trails off the lit loop for a good distance day with lots of continuous skiing.
    Wax Recommendation: Rodi Multigrade Violet

Tuesday(26) Skate Ski @ CNC
    POD 8: 5:00-6:15 Meet Matt at the fire hydrant
    POD 9: 5:00-6:15 Meet Evan at the teamroom
    POD 6: 6:15-7:30 Meet Matt at the fire hydrant
    POD 7: 6:15-7:30 Meet Evan at the teamroom
    Tonight will be full of sprinting challenges. Get ready to move those limbs fast!

Thursday(28) Biathlon @ CNC
    POD Biathlon: 4:45-6:15

Saturday(30) Classic @ CNC
    POD 6: 12:30-2:30 Meet at Greece Flag
    POD 7: 12:30-2:30 Meet at Japan Flag
    POD 8: 12:30-2:30 Meet at Norway Flag
    POD 9: 12:30-2:30 Meet at Ukraine Flag
    Long distance ski around the Nordic Centre. Pack a bar for a snack mid ski. If you will not be attending, please email Matt so I can adjust our PODS to maximize coaching and parents. Parents, if you are able to tail gun, please sign up: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VM2I3JiCOm4wEsQenW5SE4k_-nSiAsIEwNqvLsixZFA/edit#gid=0

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘U14 (Team Values: Supportive, Inclusive, & Fun): Mark & Caitlin’ is closed to new topics and replies.