July 7-13 – NOTES FROM ALAIN

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Alain Parent
    Keymaster

A big congratulations to all that participated in the bike camp. It was excellent training and loads of fun. I hope you had a good time. This is just another reminder that you will gain most of your fitness and technique at camps and regular training sessions and digest all the training by sleeping lots. Try to attend as many sessions as you can.

We are starting our summer program this week. Training sessions are Monday to Thursday mornings.

We have our LC2 Kaslo training camp starting on Sunday. Make sure you get plenty of rest this week.

Team jacket tryout: We will have the sample Arcteryx jackets at Tue-Wed-Thu training sessions this week. Try one on and order here: http://doodle.com/fec855zstp3hdckr

Monday (7): LC1 & LC2 cross country and biathlon. AST athletes will not participate in this workout – check TP. We will do some running and some ski striding. Bring your SS poles (same length as winter or ideally 5cm shorter) AND YOUR HEART RATE MONITOR. Meet at team room, 9:00-10:30am.

Tuesday (8): T2-LC1-LC2 cross country and biathlon. Skate rollerskiing at CNC. Meet at team room, 9:00-11:00am. Bring your regular rollerski gear and again your heart rate monitor. Jacket tryout today.

Wednesday (9): LC1 & LC2 cross country & biathlon. We would like the LC1 to take part today. This is a logistically difficult workout with equipment. We need a few parents with larger vehicles and bike racks to help out. Meet at Travel Alberta with a bike (mt or road) and classic rollerskis (plus all the equipment associated with those 2 activities) and lots of water and a snack. Athletes will ski to Banff and bike back via the Legacy trail. 9:00-11:30am. Please email me (alain.parent@canmorenordic.com) if you can help. I need to see by Tuesday if we have enough vehicles, if not then we will modify the workout. Another jacket tryout day.

Thursday (10): LC1 & LC2 cross country (biathletes to join in the gym at 10:30). Team room 9:30-11:30am. We will mt-bike and do strength in the gym (new plan). Bring all the necessary gear including bear spray. Another jacket tryout day.

Congratulation on reading this far!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.