July Training (1-28)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Mark Naylor
    Keymaster

Hello U14-2’s

Nice work on our first rollerski this week.

Here is the bulk of our training sessions for July. As mentioned last week, I will be away for quite a bit of time with how our training camp schedule has aligned this year, as well as some holidays. For most of July, you will have Coach Claire as your substitute! Claire joins us from Nova Scotia as a now retired biathlete, helping with our U16/18 crews as well.

Monday (1) @Centennial Park
    Canada Day Run! No practice today, just a good race if you’re keen!

Monday (8) @LGMS
    5:00-6:30. Meet at the track. It’s been some time since our last strength run at the start of the season, we’ll do a tour of town and stop every so often for a small strength circuit. (IF the weather is warm enough, this practice may be transformed into a tour of the watering holes for a dunk run.. stay tuned)

Monday (15) @CNC
    5:00-6:30. Meet outside the BWTC for a trail run. We’ll set off from the Nordic Centre, run along the reservoir, up to Grassi Lakes and back.

Monday (22) @CNC
    5:00-6:30. Meet outside the BWTC for a Skate Rollerski. We’ll get agile again as we did last month and talk a little technique.

Housekeeping:
    Starting for on July 29th we will return to weekly forum posting. I will be away on holiday, and will see you all back on the 12th.

Our July 29th practice will be our first classic rollerski, if and when you are able, please switch your classic poles to roller ski tips. Helps protect the steel of your snow baskets and makes it easier for you! We will have a couple classic roller skis in the fall, so it’s worthwhile to change them over now.

Finally, if you know you will be away for a good block of time this summer, let me know by email. Helps to know the comings and goings and who to expect for our sessions!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘U14 (Team Values: Supportive, Inclusive, & Fun): Mark & Caitlin’ is closed to new topics and replies.