LT2 Details for Lake Louise

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Everyone, it seems as the snow has been good to use and it’s dumping in Lake Louise all this week. Here is a general plan for the weekend. Let me know if there is anything left out or you need clarifying on anything.

Gear you’ll need:
    -skate and classic equipment (boots, poles, skis)
    -wax kit (I will bring the TA team one but bring your own as well)
    -mitts rather than gloves
    -warm, warm clothes, It will be colder in LL than canmore and it looks as though it should be very cold. We will adjust accordingly.
    -water belt, snack in water belt
    -toques, buffs, neck warmers
    -running shoes

-casual clothes
    -winter wear
    -pj’s
    -indoor shoes or slippers/crocs
    -bathing suit and towel
    -toothbrush and toothpaste
    -one plate, bowl, cup, and utensils
    -note pad and pen or pencil (or binder to use as your ski book)
    -homework
    -group board game

The Hostel has cooking dishware and some plates, cups, bowls, but depending on how busy it is, we should bring our own. Hostel also has bedding provided. sheets, pillow, and blankets.

Schedule:

Thursday- grocery shop and take all the stuff to Heather Holliday’s garage ready for pick up on Friday or other arrangements to coordinate with shoppers and Heather

Friday- arrive at Lake Louise at the Moraine Lake parking lot (follow signs to Chateau Lake Louise or Moraine Lake- parking lot is South (left) off of the main road up the hill- ask a friend for directions or google it. Arrive for a CLASSIC ski at 3:00pm, plan to arrive a bit early to wax skis. We will ski until 4:30pm and then head to the hostel for dinner at 5:30ish pm. Dinner helpers can check in at the hostel around 4:00 I believe, earlier can be arranged to start dinner, just tell the front desk (you may not be able to move your gear in but you can have access to the kitchen).

Sat-morning run, am ski, lunch, quite time, pm ski, pool time, dinner, mental training, free time/homework time, bed time.

Sunday- morning run, am ski, lunch packed, eat and then head back to Canmore.

I will bring a more detailed plan to give to the meal helpers so they can plan meals. Kids will help with dishes, can the meal helpers provide the kids with a schedule for when they are helping, we can sort that out when we arrive.

All for now, see you Friday.
    Phil

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.