Next 2 weeks of training

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

HI Team!

Here is the next two weeks of team training. This week (Week 1) we wil head to Camrose (2nd weekend of Nationals trials for senior boys/girls). Week two I will be leaving (with Joel, Beau and Andrew) for Jr/Yth trials. Jeff will take change of the weekly sessions. Practice plans attached…

Week 1: easy week, Camrose racing

Tuesday (5): TC/LC/TW: 4:30-6:30pm. Z1 combo with sprints

Wednesday (6):
    a.m. TW’s team sprints with National Team

p.m. TC’s team sprints. Mel will coach this session!

Thursday (7): ON OWN, no team training. Do your short workout, pack and get your weekend homework done!

Friday (8):
    – Leave for Camrose in a.m. (best to leave at 9:00am)
    – Meet at Camrose range at 1:30pm for team training (SK combo)
    – Check info hotel afterwards
    – Dinner TBD
    – Team meeting
    – Bed

Weekend (9 and 10): Camrose Calforex Cup! Please make sure your registered by wednesday night! Sprint and Mass Start are the race formats.

Week 2: Ski strength focus and some volume (the week after will be even higher volume and more ski strength 😀 )

Tuesday (12): TC/TW/LC: 4:30-6:30pm. CL Ski strength combo (upper body) with Jeff. Please come up early and help my dad (Scott) put up the air rifle targets (I normally do this with him, but I am away).

Wednesday (13): on own (your strength plan)

Thursday (14): TC/LC/TW: 4:30-6:30pm. SK Ski strength combo (lower body) with Jeff

Saturday (16): BCRR Classic race!! This is a great opportunity for a low key classic race! Go for it! Alain will be there and you’ll get more info at a later date 😛

Look at your training plans (will be updated shortly, just waiting for exam schedules from grade 12’s!!!), there are quite a few additional ski’s during next week (Jan 11-17) and the following week (Jan 18-24) . We will take this break in the racing schedule to improve our specific strength and get in some good volume training 😀 This will pay off big time come late in the season (Nationals!)

Later

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.