Nov 22-25

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

We are back to our normal scheduling: Monday’s and Thursday’s 5:00-6:30.

We are back joining the Intro to TA kids so we are a large group again. Come prepared, and come on time. We are usually doing a large group game in the stadium or near the team room, catch up if you are late. We will be starting more promptly as we’ve been starting to start each session a bit later.

Monday Nov 15: CNC – Skate Technique
    -bring your boots, skis, and poles
    -have ski scraped of old wax
    -water bottle
    -mitts rather than gloves, toques
    -dress appropriately, it can be colder in the stadium than in the valley, as well it cools off quickly so dress for the end of the session, not the beginning. Layers are great, as the kids can take off and put on as they need…remember your name on gear.

Thursday Nov 25th: CNC- Classic Technique
    -bring your boots, skis, and poles
    -have skis cleaned and scraped of old wax
    -a good bet for kick wax will be Rode Multigrade of a few layers. If it is colder than (-5) add a layer of Swix blue extra, if it is warmer than (-2) add a layer of rode Violet. Please have skis waxed before arriving, or arrive early and I can show you what needs to be done. Please do not expect me to do your children’s skis, the club provided wax clinics to show you how to wax. We are too large of a group for me to be waxing everyone’s skis.

Here is a basic list of kick waxes we use regularly at the CNC and can all be purchased at any ski store in town:
    1) Rode Multigrade (0-(-2))
    2) Rode Violet (0)
    3) Swix Blue Extra
    4) Rode or Toko Base Binder

that will do the trick in most conditions. Your TA athletes will also be receiving two more waxes Ski Go Purple ((-2)-(-7)) and Orange (-2) but will not recieve those for a while still (CCC initiative).

See you on Monday!

LT2’s are encouraged not to join us and to take an easy day off from a big weekend of skiing in Lake Louise.

Phil

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.