October 18-24

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Matt DeCarufel
    Keymaster

Hello TTs,

Frozen Thunder has been rolled out and is ready to ski!  Time to dust off those skis and get ready to glide.  I understand that many of you have grown significantly and some equipment does not fit, but that is ok for the first few sessions until you can get proper fitting equipment dialed in.  Our first day of skiing will be Saturday (23) so you have the full week to get your skis ready to go.  Frozen Thunder is free to ski on after 5pm, so no day passes are necessary for weekly training that we will ski.  On the weekends everyone will need a day pass or a season pass.  Regular season passes are 10% off until the end of October, so when you are at the day lodge it would be great to get the season pass purchased.

The club ski swap will be on October 31.  More details here.  That should be plenty of time to look through your equipment to see if you need to line up anything new. We will not be coordinating a “pre-swap” this year.

I will start the first round of flex testing for skis this week to be sure equipment is fitting well.  Please drop skis (skate and classic) off at the teamroom scraped, brushed, and free of any kickwax/klister.  If they are dirty/have wax on them, they will not be tested. Be sure to have a piece of tape with your name and weight in KG on the ski.  It is not possible to test without your weight.  If skis are a good fit, I will mark the kick zones.  If not, I will write the recommended weight range for the ski.  I will try to test skis as efficiently as possible (usually a day or two after drop off), and when they are done they will be put in the front half of the teamroom for pick up.

Training this week:

Monday(18) Run @ CNC

5:00-6:30 Meet at the teamroom. Distance run wrapping up with a game.  Don’t forget your drinkbelt to stay hydrated during the session.

Tuesday(19) Run & Strength Town Tour @ LGMS

5:00-6:30 Meet at the LGMS Track.  We will run all around town visiting the different parks doing strength exercises.

Thursday(21) Biathlon @ CNC

4:45-6:16 Biathlon training – We will be Skate Skiing!

Saturday(23) Skate Ski and Run @ CNC

12:30-2:30 Meet at the teamroom. We will start with some balance drills to get ready to glide, then jump on Frozen Thunder for a 1hr ski.  Then head out for a run for the remaining time.

“Somewhere between the bottom of the climb and the summit is the answer to the mystery why we climb.”  -Greg Child

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘U14 (Team Values: Supportive, Inclusive, & Fun): Mark & Caitlin’ is closed to new topics and replies.