Ribbon Creek Track Attack Dryland Camp

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Everyone,

Here is some information on the upcoming Ribbon Creek Dryland Camp for your Track Attack athletes (CNSC, FNSC)

This camp is for the LT1, LT2 (10,11+ year olds). It is from October 14th at 4:00pm -Sunday October 16th at 1:00pm at the Kananaskis Ribbon Creek Youth Hostel just off of Hwy 40 south. We will be doing everything from rollerskiing, to skills and drills, running, games, and a long hike on Sunday. It will be a great introduction to a training camp atmosphere, plus the fun of an overnight weekend with your ski friends.

I have booked rooms at the Ribbon Creek Hostel, I feel we will have enough people to hold the reservation, but if there are drastic changes, I need to do that before Friday September 30th. If you know you will be attending then please sign up on the below doodle link as soon as possible, if you have any questions feel free to contact me: http://doodle.com/etdgh6cedx22nwgd

CNSC will bring club rollerskis that the Track Attack kids can use, but all other equipment like poles/ boots (both techniques), gloves, and a helmet need to be brought with the kids. Bedding is provided along with dishes and utensils.

-I will need 2-3 parent coach leaders to help me coral the kids during the sessions along with providing technique tips and tricks. At least one coach needs to be comfortable on rollerskis.
    -I will need 3-4 parent helpers to coordinate buying food (a list of quantities, and food will be provided), and preparing food while kids are at the sessions. All cookwear is provided by the hostel. Coach leaders will be able to help with clean up along with groups of athletes. (designated helpers both coach and cooking, will have their cost covered by the participants. We will go down the list of helpers on doodle, first come first serve, until we meet our ratio of athlete to helpers. eg: less athletes= less helpers 2-3)

An estimate cost for the weekend is: $90-$115 per athlete which includes two nights accomodations, snack, and food plus cost of coaches/helpers.

I have attached a detailed schedule along with an equipment list.

It would be great for this to make it onto the “To-Do” list for your busy athletes, as it will be tons of fun and a real team builder for the kids.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me or Heather. Heather will coordinate the food instructions to the helpers once they have signed up.

Coach Phil

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.