Saturday March 18 update for Sunday’s race

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Alain Parent
    Keymaster

Great day today Team Canmore. I was impressed with how everybody prepared and were well organized. Congratulations to our medalist today, Ty, Reed, Jonah and Sam. It was a close one for Karly and Izzy.

I am very proud of our club for doing such a good job organizing the race today. I heard so many great comments about the course and how well everything is organized. Great day for the whole Canmore Nordic Ski Club. Lets do it again on Sunday.

Everyone raced fast and put the club in 2ND POSITION IN THE CLUB STANDINGS (behind Nakkertok) Yahoo…

Weather:
    It’s forecasted to get down to -6C tonight and +1 tomorrow. We will see if this sticks as the forecast has been wrong a lot recently.

Courses:
    Open men, jr boys, on the Centennial 3.3km
    Open women, Jr girls, juv girls, juv boys on the Centennial 2.5km

Course will close at 8:50 and most likely reopen around 12:45 for 30min. Warm up on the biathlon trails with hills, not just on the Banff trails. Pay attention to 1-2 sit skiers that are racing on the Banff trail starting at 8:30am.

Stadium:
    Straight forward set up for an interval start race. You need to get to the start by walking the south side of the day lodge (not crossing the race trail)

Start times:
    Check your start on zone4. Please arrive 1.25 hrs before and check in the team room.

Awards:
    Awards will be at the civic centre on Monday at 7pm

Reminder:
    Bring some food and drink with you for after the race. A chocolate milk is great and simple.

Go for a jog or walk on Sunday around dinner time, just for 15min. It’s a great way to help you recover.

Have a great evening and see you in the morning.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.