Sept 24 – 30 – practice plan

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great work this weekend at the Nipika Camp everyone! After a big weekend of activity, it is important to give our bodies a chance to recover – this helps our bodies to springboard to a higher level of fitness and prevents us from getting sick or run down.

I would like to encourage all T1/2 skiers and biathletes to talk to Ms Quinlan at LGMS to get on the list to participate in the Oct 3 South Central Alberta zone cross country running race – you need to sign up before the event day – so please let Andrea Quinlan know you would like to run.

Also, I would like to encourage all T1/2 athletes to participate in Take a Kid Mountain Biking day at CNC on Sunday Sept 30 – this event is organized by Rundle Mtn Cycling Club. There is no registration fee, however you do need to register on zone 4 at https://zone4.ca/register.asp?id=3427&lan=1&cartlevel=1 to participate – I plan on participating as a coach. It is a 10am-1pm event.
    Roy

Here is the upcoming week!

Tuesday, Sept 25 – rest day from ski related physical training – many of you are involved with school volleyball or cross country running this time of year – enjoy!

Thursday, Sept 27 – meet at Cougar Creek at 5pm – all done at 630pm– we will plan on a trail run out and back on the montane trail and finish with some core on the grass beside the parking lot

Saturday, Sept 29 – team practice – 900-11am – hike up Lady MacDonald – meet at Cougar Creek at 9am – bring a daypack, water, snack – parents and siblings welcome.

Sunday, Sept 30 – Mountain Biking – CNC – please see note above about registering for the RMCC mtb event – this runs from 10am – 1pm at the Canmore Nordic Centre – this will have an instructional focus – so great for kids newer to cross country riding and also for kids who have done a lot of cross country mountain biking.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘U14 (Team Values: Supportive, Inclusive, & Fun): Mark & Caitlin’ is closed to new topics and replies.