Sept 28-Oct 4

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Rachel Koroscil
    Keymaster

Hi!

Hope you all enjoyed the club hike on Saturday. I was sad I couldn’t make it but it looks like it was a great time!

September’s iLog Challenge: If you fill out every day of your iLog for the month, your name is going in the hat. This month we will pull 2 winners. Each will receive a pair of Blitz glasses donated to the club by Kate Wood (Brennan).

Monday (28): Range 4:30-6:30 Roller Ski Combo and Drills.
    We will meet in the range and work on a few assessment drills. (And finalize our Monthly Challenge) Today you may wager your points. For example: If you have 3 points and you wager them all, and you are successful in your prone challenge, you will then receive 3 points. Then you will have up to 6 points available to wager for your standing challenge, and the process will repeat. However, if you wager all your points and you do not complete your challenge, you lose all the points you wagered! You do not have to wager your points, you can also simply try to collect more. Wagers will be made in secret with me, so start thinking about what you would like to do with your points now. Wager wisely!
    Then we will spend about 30 minutes on Roller Ski Skate technique before continuing into our range combo, Zone 2 with sprints.

Tuesday(29): 4:30-6:30 Annual Bow River Campground Skate Rollerski Sprints! Qualifiers and sprints at Bow River Campground (across HWY1 from Three Sisters Parkway). The campground will just have closed, so we will have the run of the area. Park at the gate and you can ski from there. We will meet in the campground at the beginning of the loop.

Wednesday(30): 5:00-6:30 MTN Bike at the Nordic Centre. Meet at the teamroom. This is a good opportunity to ensure your bike is well tuned and ready to roll for Nipika.

Thursday(1): Range/Strength
    Range: 4:30-5:30 Focus: Wind and Speed – New Monthly Challenge!
    Strength test 5:30-6:30

Friday-Sunday: We’re off to Nipika! See trip document distributed by Alain in the forum.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.