September 5-11 *Take 2*

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Matt DeCarufel
    Keymaster

Hello U14 Athletes,

Sorry for the delay, I just returned to cell service found this post did not publish to the forum last week as I planned.  My apologies.  Please find all the info below.  Thanks!

Welcome to the full fall programing! As we all know, cross country skiing and biathlon are outdoor sports, and hard as we try, we can’t control the weather.  Luckily, we are not made of sugar and can handle some rain/snow without melting away, you just have to dress appropriately.  That said, some activities are more dangerous in the rain/snow, so I might have to change a training session for safety reasons.  Get in the habit of checking the forum before training in case there is a necessary update.  I will do my best to make changes as long in advance as possible, but it may be the day of the session if weather is very poor/ unexpected.

Looking down the calendar, the plan is for the first day of rollerskiing to be on Monday, Sep 12.  So if you need some new boots, or haven’t changed your pole baskets to rollerski tips, you have some time to sort it out.

For our Saturday Long Distance day, we need some help from the amazing parents of the program to ensure we have a smooth session.  I have created a sign up sheet to be a tail gunner for a number of Saturday sessions.  No experience needed, just being able to move along with the group and help keep the crew moving in the right direction to designated meeting points.  I will update the sign up sheet as I continue the planning, staying about 1 month ahead at a time.  Sign up HERE.

If you have been to the Canmore Nordic Centre lately, you have noticed the major construction happening in the biathlon area.  This project of expanding the biathlon stadium and building a new timing building will last through the year.  Therefore, we will not have access to the lower parking lot like usual.  Take note for specific meeting locations, but for XC sessions we will typically meet between the day lodge and the flag row when training at the nordic centre.  Biathletes, you will need to walk to the teamroom.

Last update for the week: the Kimberley camp is looking to be a fantastic weekend.  We have a sufficient number of athletes signed up, so the bus will be going, and be nice and full.  More details will be shared via email with a trip document a few weeks before the camp.

Training this week:

Monday(5) No team training- Happy Labour Day

Tuesday(6) Run @ CNC
    5:00-6:30 Today we will get to know everyone in the program, head out for a run around the trails of the nordic centre with some strength mixed in, then wrap up with a little game.  Be sure to dress appropriately for the weather, and bring your drink belt/water bottle carrier to keep hydrating throughout the session.  Meet at the flags by the day lodge.

Thursday(8) Biathlon @ CNC
    4:45-6:15 Meet at the teamroom for biathlon training.

Saturday(10) Run @ Quarry Lake
    1:00-3:00 Meet at the Quarry Lake parking lot for a nice distance run. We will head out the Loki Trail and return on the highline.  Bring a bar in your drink belt to have a snack half way through the session. Parent tail gunner sign up here.

“The most satisfying lives are those which involve challenge, fear, and struggle.” -Paul Bloom

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘U14 (Team Values: Supportive, Inclusive, & Fun): Mark & Caitlin’ is closed to new topics and replies.