Waxing for Edmonton AB Cups

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Alain Parent
    Keymaster

Hello Team 😆 😆

Here are the final details for the races this weekend:

I will be on site at about 2:30pm on Friday. Please come and find me when you get there. We will ski the races courses for Saturday and Sunday and do 5 or 6, 15sec sprints. Total ski time is 1.0 hrs. There is no point testing skis today as the conditions will change for Saturday.

WAIVERS: Please bring your signed waivers to me on site on Friday afternoon. I need to get those to the organizers in order for you to get a bib. The waivers can be found on pages 6 & 7 of the race notice (attached). Thanks.

LATEST EDMONTON FORECAST: http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/ab-50_metric_e.html. The temperature will drop below the freezing point later today. Expect some fast and close racing this weekend.

WAXING: Make sure you have your name on all your equipment including poles and boots.

I suggest medium camber skis for skate and classic for this weekend, but bring all your race skis in case you need a different camber. Here’s what you need to do with your skis:

Skate race skis: Glide wax: The glide wax differences between the following choices will not be big as the snow is granular and fast. The following are lined up in preference order: Toko LF Blue OR Solda F15 Blue OR Swix LF4. Do not scrape the glide wax as the skis will be well protected for the travel. We will scrape the glide wax at the hotel on Friday evening and most likely add a top coat on Saturday morning for the race. Use good quality ski straps; the sleeve model protects the bases better. Write your name and “SKATE RACE” on painters tape close to the tip of the skis. Let me know when you get to Goldstick on Friday afternoon if you don’t have any of the glide waxes above and you can then wax your skis on site with club wax.

Skate warm up skis: Make sure they are scraped but well protected with good quality ski straps. You will use these skis to train on Friday when you get there.

Classic race skis: Apply a layer of Swix LF4. Do not scrape them. Make sure the kick zone and the sidewalls are VERY, VERY CLEAN (use wax remover in the kick zone). Make sure your wax pocket is clearly marked with a Sharpie. Do not apply a base wax, we will do this on site. Write your name and “CLASSIC RACE” on painters tape close to the tip of the skis.

Classic warm up skis: Scrape them and clean the wax pocket. Again, use good ski straps.

See ya on Friday 😆 😆

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.